So BlizzCon 2019 ended, where a lot of new and long-awaited things were announced. Among all the new products, the most important was the announcement of the eighth expansion of the game World of Warcraft: Shadowlands. After Sylvanas broke into the Icecrown Citadel and defeated the Lich King Bolvar, she destroyed the crown of power over the undead, which led to the opening of the portal to the other world of the dead (Shadowlands). As it turned out, the world of the dead is not so dead, and the heroes of Azeroth will again set off on a journey and explore the dark lands of Death in order to understand how to survive and save their world.
Key Features of Shadowlands
- In World of Warcraft: Shadowlands, the heroes will go to the underworld of the Shadowlands and find out why the souls of the fallen in the world of Azeroth find themselves not in one of the four kingdoms of the dead (where they should be sent judged by the totality of acts during life), but in a monstrous Maw (this will be five locations of the expansion). In the afterlife, players will encounter various famous personalities of Azeroth, such as Kel’tas and Uther.
- Once in the Shadowlands, the heroes have to enlist the support of one of these kingdoms – the covenants, which will help you throughout the entire expansion (and maybe further). There are four covenants in total: the Kyrians from the Bastion, the Night Far from Ardenweald, the Venthyr from Revendreth, and the Necrolords from Maldraxxus. Choosing a covenant is an extremely important stage, it will determine not only your further development of the plot in the Shadowlands, but will create a connection with mediums, thanks to which you will receive various bonuses, traits and, most importantly, unique abilities for each class. As the developers said: choosing a covenant is equivalent to choosing a class, so be careful when choosing them.
- One of the main changes in the expansion will be a decrease in the character’s level cap to 60, and players will start their adventures in new lands with level 50. New characters will have to be leveled from level 1, but the whole leveling will be overhauled.
- There also will be an innovation – a special adventure in the roguelike spirit – Torgast, Tower of the Damned. This is a challenge for the solo or party mode, in which players will confront the Jailer and fight with his minions, receiving rewards for this.
- All possible resources will be used to confront Sylvanas. Bolvar resurrected a huge number of Death Knights and therefore this class will be available to all allied races including Pandaren.
- In addition, they paid great attention to cosmetic aspects, many races will have the opportunity to have advanced appearance settings. You can create a unique appearance for your character.
- World of Warcraft: Shadowlands expansion launch is announced for 2020. The Blizzard store has it in pre-order in three versions with different rewards.