We have prepared a mini guide for you on a new expansion to World of Warcraft – Battle for Azeroth (BfA).
The release date of the expansion is set for August 14, 2018. But already in a short time (in a few weeks) there will be 8.0 prepatch ,in which global changes will begin. The main changes in Battle for Azeroth:
- Maximum level of the character increased to 120
As always, the number of levels was raised, this time again by 10 levels. In order to get the initial chain of quests in Battle of Azeroth, your character must be level 110.
- Continent of Kul-Tiras (territory of the Alliance)
It is a dark and gloomy continent consisting of three closely spaced islands, each of which is a new location: Stormsong Valley, Drustvar, Tiragarde Sound. In Stormsong Valley first 5-man dungeon, Shrine of the Storm, awaits us. The second dungeon is in Drustvar, the realm of witches and distorted druidic magic. The third dungeon, which is a scenario for level 120 players, is located in Tiragarde Sound, a pirate stronghold under the command of Miss Katrina Proudmoore (mother of Jaina Proudmoore).
- Continent of Zandalar (territory of the Horde)
It is a green continent, on which trolls live side by side with prehistoric animals, we have already met echoes of this civilization in Zul’Aman and Zul’Gurub. Zandalar also has three locations: Nazmir, Zuldazar, Voldun . The Nazmir location is very similar to Un’Goro Crater and it contains the first dungeon The Underrot , which is a source of spoilage affecting the Zandalar tribe. There are two dungeons in Zuldazar – Atal’Dazar (open-air dungeon lke Zul’Aman and Zul’Drak) and King’s Rest (inner sanctum, crypt of troll kings). And also there is one more dungeon, Temple of Sethraliss, in Voldun.
- Eight new allied races
Four races were added for each faction. For the Horde: Highmountain Tauren, Nightborne, Zandalari Trolls, Maghar Orc. For the Alliance: Lightforged Draenei, Void Elf, Kul Tiran Human, Dark Iron Dwarves. Some of these races are already available for players who pre-ordered BFA.
- A new artifact
To replace artifact weapons, a new artifact appeared in the form of an amulet – the Heart of Azeroth. The artifact will have to be leveled with the Azerite resource, which can be obtained from island expeditions. With the help of a new artifact you can improve the equipment bonuses.
- Island Expeditions
This is a new kind of battleground, which is designed for three players and is not tied to the classic scheme tank+heal+dps. Expeditions are the main place of getting Azerite. The environment on the Island expeditions will change (monsters on the map will change, the types of points for capture, different treasure chests will appear and new NPCs will appear). Thus, you will not be bored with the monotonous kind of locations where you know each stone. Island Expeditions will have four difficulty modes (normal, heroic, mythic and PvP), which means you can choose to fight against NPCs or against players. Expeditions will last about 15-20 minutes.
Battlefront is a new kind of mode, which is designed for a team of 20 people and is based on the garrison system. The mechanics of the battlefront is partially borrowed from Warcraft III. How the Battlefront action will evolve:
- Upon arrival at the front, you need to set the camp by getting resources (wood, ore).
- With the help of these resources it is necessary to build buildings: barracks, blacksmith and others (each player gets resources and can put them into buildings).
- Hire an army in the barracks to defeat the enemy leader.
- Depending on the race of the leader it will be possible to improve a certain type of troops (the leader of the Human race will enable the opportunity to improve knights, and the leader of Dwarves – riflemen).
- Look for goblin merchants on the map, they can sell resources.
- You will have to both attack the enemy and defend your buildings simultaneously.
- There will be two arenas on new continents, in Tiragarde and Zuldazar.
- New battlefield Seething Shore, which is located on the banks of Silithus.
- Major changes have affected the PvP system. You can forget about the familiar open world PvP and the separation of servers into PvP and PvE, now each player will decide in which mode he wants to be in the open world. To do this, simply switch the mode in the character menu using a special button. The talents will also be tied to your choice, switching to PvP mode to kill monsters will mean it will have to be done with PvP talents and skills. These conditions were created in order to unite players with different interests regarding PvP content and create more comfortable conditions for playing the game.
There are a lot of changes and innovations in BfA, we listed only the most basic. The prepatch is already coming very soon, but you still have time to get the items and achievements that will be removed with the release of 8.0, you can read about them in the previous article.