Just recently on the alpha version of World of Warcraft: Shadowlands everyone could see the long-awaited Torghast tower release. And most of the participants in the test server went to study this content. Now Torghast tower is available in two types (Skoldus Halls and Fracture Chambers), while only four classes are available for going into the tower (demon hunter, mage, priest and warlock), this is due to the diversity of tower’s abilities, but more on that later. Once in the tower, the character level is scaled to 60, and the equipment to ilvl 170, you also get the class ability of Covenant Kyrian (for now, this is all that is available for testing the tower). You can get to the Torghast tower by talking to the Flaskzertauren in the Chambers of Challenger Bastion.
Torghast Tower Basic Information
Torghast Tower is a building consisting of a large number of floors, the exact number of which is still unknown. Right now, only 72 floors are available on the Shadowlands alpha test.
Each next floor is not similar to the previous and more difficult. The main features of the floors:
- On every 6th floor you will meet a boss, defeating whom you will receive the Power of Anima of epic quality.
- On the floors you can encounter traps, such as: pendulum axes, electric traps or spikes popping up from the floor.
- You can get additional quests – these are simple and we advise you not to miss those. For completing them, you can obtain Freed Soul currency and materials for creating legendary items.
- On the floors there can be objects, breaking which you can get Phantasm currency.
- On any of the floors you can meet NPCs that sell additional improvements and consumables.
A feature of the tower is also a death system. You are not limited in time, but you are limited in the number of deaths on the floor. This number depends on how many players in the group:
- 1 player – 3 deaths
- 2 players – 5 deaths per group
- 3 players – 7 deaths per group
- 4 players – 9 deaths per group
- 5 players – 11 deaths per group
When you reach the allotted number of deaths, a timer for 30 seconds will be started, at the end of which Tarragr will appear, which will slowly go to the end of the floor. Your task is to kill him before it reaches the end, but Tarragr has a radius, going into which you aggro the monster and it will oneshot you upon reaching you, regardless of your class and defensive abilities (but there is no way to check the Paladin’s Divine Shield spell ) If Tarragr reaches the end of the floor or kills all members of the group, then this entry into the tower will be over.
What are Powers of Anima
Powers of Anima are special skills that are necessary for completing the Torghast tower, as they strengthen your character with various additional abilities. These abilities open up additional talents and change the behaviour of some skills, but all these bonuses will work only in a specific passage of the tower, as soon as you leave Torghast, the bonuses will be reset. The Powers of Anima have different strength, depending on their quality (uncommon, rare and epic), and the more powerful the Anima, the less often it can be found. They are in red spheres, clicking on which you need to choose one of several bonuses. Anima powers can be obtained in several ways:
- Killing the Jailer’s minions on the floors.
- Purchase from a merchant for currency (phantasms), which sometimes appears on random floors.
- Find right on the ground.
- Find inside destructible objects.
- Find inside the ghostly chests.
- Receive as a reward for completing a side quest.
- After defeating the boss.
Currency Phantasm and Broker Vendors
Phantasm is the currency of Torghast tower. You can get it by killing monsters, completing additional quests, destroying objects. The Phantasms accumulate only on the current entry into the tower and as soon as you leave it, all unspent currency will be deleted.
Sometimes a broker will appear on random floors, you can spend Phantasms on Powers of Anima or consumable items, here are some examples of what can be purchased:
- Plundered Anima Cell – Summons an anima object that allows you and your allies to choose an additional anima power
- Ravenous Anima Cell – turns a non-elite opponent into Anima sphere
- Obscuring Essence Potion – reduces the number of deaths of the group on the current floor
- Blinding Smoke Capsules – reduces the radius of view of opponents in a certain area, allowing players to sneak past them
- Rejuvenating Siphoned Essence – Replenishes Health and Mana
Summing up, we can say that the Torghast tower will be very interesting, diverse, and most importantly useful, because material to create legendary items will be farmed there. Yes! It is you who will be able to create legendary objects for yourself. Therefore, this tower will be extremely popular, but its level of difficulty is high even on the alpha version. And we can assume that the Torghast Tower Boost service will be relevant, as is the passage of N’Zoth visions now. We will prepare a special service in our WoW Shadowlands boost section – Torghast Tower Boost for you, which you will be able to use once this tower becomes available in Shadowlands expansion.